The blue print for making a national policy to give online concession facility to Divyangjan/Differently Abled persons was laid in the Railway Budget 2015-16 when the Hon’ble Minister of Railways declared that the government intends to make Photo ID cards of Divyangjan so that they can get online concession facility on rail travel.
The policy statement of 2015-16
- Divyangjan to get concessions on their rail journeys through their Photo ID cards
- Indian Railways would issue Photo ID cards to all Divyangjan to get the concessional facility
- The concessional fare scheme for Divyangjan is implement on entire Indian Railways network
- Concessional reserve tickets for Divyangjan are available across PRS counters, e-ticket/i-ticket through IRCTC website
- Concessional unreserved tickets for Divyangjan can also be bought from UTS counters throughout India
Divyagjan have to produce their Photo ID cards at the time of booking rail tickets. Those without cards can quickly send application for the same through Divyang Sahayak portal started by Moradabad Division of Indian Railways.
Advantage of the portal
- Application for Concession based Photo Identity Card Certificate is available on the portal
- Fill the application form in an error-free manner
- Track the application to confirm its status
The Divyangjan Sahayak portal comes with tracking facility and SMS service to further make things easy and simple for the Divyangjan that have to go through many hardships while applying for Concession based Photo Identity Card Certificate.
Indian Railways give concession to
- Orthopedically handicapped
- Deaf & Dumb
- Mentally Retarded
- Blind patients
Orthopedically/Paraplegic persons above the age of 35 years with permanent disability are provided cards with 5year validity. But they can renew their cards three months before the expiry of their cards. Divyang Sahayak portal is a big step towards the direction providing equality to Divyangjan.